Thursday, March 21, 2013

Star Book for my sister!

I've always wanted to make a star book. They look so neat and I really thought they were complicated. I mean I really thought they were complicated!! I would look at those books and just wonder how people did them. What was their magic formula??!! Well I finally found a project for one that gave directions. I felt I was so lucky, directions to the magic! Yea okay, I know I'm being a bit corny but that's how I felt. You can't imagine the frustration I felt. I even bought a book on making books because I thought it had the directions. Nope! I was beinning to believe this some protected secret! So you can imagine my chagrin when I finally made one and realized how very simple the basic book is. (Turning red here) But I am happy because I know how to make one now. I plan to make some mini star books that my granddaughters can hang up for ornaments. I think I'll probably make one for my daughter to. They are a lot of fun! And the magic is in the decorating and the love put into it!
 This is the cover and the little munchkin is my sister Bobbie when she was around 2 I think. Don't quote me, I'm not good with time. They'll never know if I have alzheimers!
 Isn't she adorable!

I love color and I love sketching. Put the two together and I can be a happy camper! Of course, I love paper, pens, glitter, glue, fabric, wire, and that ladies is why my room seems to be a mess more times than not! I have to have it out to see! Well actually, if it's not out, I'll forget it's there. See, know one will know because I don't remember now. They'll think, that's just Vickie! Well, I guess if I can't find my way home one day, then they'll know.
 But that doesn't count if I've decided to run away and live in an artist commune. Is there such a thing? Would they put up with a dotty old lady? Something to ponder.

 
 I wish you could see the book in person. My pictures just don't do it justice. It's simple, true, but in this case, I think it adds to the sweetness of the book.
 




 The really neat thing is, my sister doen't know this is what I'm sending her! She has a new mailing address so I had to call her to get it. Of course that was about an hour conversation. And that was short for us!
 So she knows I'm sending her something, she just doesn't know what. I love these kind of surprises. I know she does. Other kinds of surprises, not so much but this kind yes. I just wish I could see her face.

I wanted to let her know how much I love her and miss her. Like all my sisters, she is very special. She lives in Florida, which might as well be the moon for me. I don't have funds to travel these days. Of course, I'll have to plan something for my other sisters too! Anyway, I suppose I better end this before this post turns into a book. Wishing everyone love and hugs!

1 comment:

Introverted Art said...

this i beautiful Vickie. I am very glad you found me because now I found you too :)