Monday, July 29, 2013

Thinking of Calendars

I'm thinking of doing a calendar for some family members and would like to do something more than just print it off the computer. I already have an idea of how I'd like to physically construct. I just need to brainstorm what to do for it. I don't know if I want to have the pictures related to the month or something totally different. I think I'll start thinking about January and see what I come up with and then see if I like the process. This what I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about! Let's see January of course snow but it also reminds me of blue and cold and being tired of winter. Ginger cookies and games and Sunday afternoons with a book, sitting at my desk totally blocked after all Christmas projects and needing to rejuvenate. Oooh, tea with lemon and cinnamon.

What do you think about when you think of January. I'll have to keep pondering. That brings up frozen ponds and that brings up hot air balloons, strange. Maybe that's about escape, who knows.

1 comment:

Tammie Lee said...

this sounds like a lovely idea
a wonderful gift

i love January, it seems that winter finally settles in and i can walk out my door, put on my skis and head through the woods. short days, long nights, depth of quiet, blankets of snow of wool or down.

i wish you a wonderful creating.